Richmond Behavioral Associates
Richmond Behavioral Associates (RBA) is geared to treat patients with the latest advances in clinical psychopharmacology.
Dr. DiBuono’s, Dr. Smith’s, and Dr. Shalenberg’s expertise in psychiatric medications coupled with their experience in conducting clinical trials in Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Autism, and Anxiety have enabled their patients to obtain the latest medications for these disorders. RBA has conducted trials for all the major pharmaceutical companies including Allergan, Astra-Zeneca, Bristol Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Roche-Genentech, Sanofi-Aventis, just to name a few.
Richmond Behavioral Associates also prides itself as a treatment service first, and as such seeks to provide quality care with excellent patient follow up.
Dr. DiBuono and Dr. Smith are experienced clinical researchers having performed over 100 multi-center trials between the two of them. Richmond Behavioral Associates (RBA) is located at the extreme south end of Staten Island, only two miles from New Jersey. Dr. DiBuono has accumulated an extensive database of patients from over 20 years practice in the area. We conduct trials covering the full range of CNS diagnoses including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease and Insomnia.
RBA performs Phase II, III and post marketing studies for all central nervous system indications. Their office has all the requisite components for clinical studies including safe drug storage, blood drawing facilities (including ECG), and four full time experienced coordinators.
- Frequently top three in enrollment from database and referrals
- Top enrollment in Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Alzheimers, Anxiety Disorders
- Consistently top 10% enrollment, excellent retention
- Regulatory ready within one week (One day contract turnaround)
- Utilize Central IRB
- Ecrf completion 48 hours of visit (48 hour query resolution)
- Low placebo response rate
- 5,000 square feet
- 2 Dedicated monitoring offices
- 2 examination/testing rooms
- 1 Dedicated drug room
- All ecgs, blood pressure, centrifuges, thermometers, stadiometer calibrated on 6 month basis
- -20 degree centigrade freezer (daily access to dry ice)
- -20 degree refrigerated centrifuge
- 2 Board certified Psychiatrists, inclusive Geriatric Psychiatry Boards
- 1 Board eligible Child Psychiatrist (taking boards)
- 1 Licensed Psychologist/Neuropsychologist
- 4 Full Time Study Coordinators (2 CCRC certified)
- 2 Data Entry Specialists
- 1 Regulatory/Marketing specialist
- Sub I Board certified Ophthalmologist for any eye examinations necessary (optovue)
Mark DiBuono, MD
Dr. DiBuono completed his medical training at SUNY Stony Brook. He holds Board Certification in Psychiatry with subspecialty boards in Geriatric Psychiatry. He has directed a geriatric psychiatric impatient unit while maintaining a substantial private practice. Dr. DiBuono is recognized as an expert in psychopharmacological treatment of treatment-resistant patients. Complementing this experience, Dr. DiBuono has supervised over 40 clinical trials, and currently is Medical Director/Principal Investigator of Richmond Behavioral Associates which specializes in conducting clinical research in Central Nervous System Disorders.
Adam Smith, PhD
Dr. Smith holds his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University. He completed his training at Long Island Jewish Hospital/Hillside Hospital and a fellowship at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has headed a neuropsychological laboratory, a large ambulatory psychiatric center and a pain management service. He has directed a psychiatric research center conducting studies in Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Alzheimer’s Disease.
Eli Shalenberg, MD
Dr. Shalenberg is a Board Certified Psychiatrist. He works closely with each patient to identify the root cause of their difficulties, and to develop a personalized treatment plan. His treatment approach is based on the most current scientific evidence, as well as the needs and preferences of every patient. Dr. Shalenberg earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley, his medical degree from the University of California at San Diego, and completed his residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan, where he was trained by some of the leading experts in his field.